Thursday, November 29, 2007

Xmas Present Winner - #1

Two winners left, people. Get it while its hot! (See the post below)

An Ode to Missy:

There once was a land
On the Southeast coast
“That could make all children smile,”
It would constantly boast.

This land needed workers
Its own little slaves
To do the work of the Devil
For next to no pay.

It is at this job
Where a mouse was their boss
That two young girls met
Yes, their paths, they did cross.

The one girl, athletic,
Curvy, with one hot physique
The other, svelte and clumsy
She’d trip over her feet.

The two became pals
The best of, in fact
They vowed lifelong friendship
It was their own little pact.

The clumsy one, me
Was quite naïve
Never been drunk before
Her 21st birthday’s eve.

This dear friend of mine
(Missy's her name)
Stole the innocence from me
Yes, she is to blame.

Oh, Sweet Alcohol!
You offer such love
No man can compare,
You must be sent from above!

She’d pry the glass from my hands
Which were holding the neck in full throttle
And pull back my hair
As I threw up in the bottle


And I’m glad she was there
Every step of the way
Yes, this is what friendship
Is made of, I say.

We journeyed to Hell
Then made our way back
Now grown up and calmed down
And not nearly as whack.

She now lives cross the country
We’re forced to bond through email
It may as well be Siberia
For these two females.

And though it’s been 3 years
Since we last saw each other
When we talk it’s as if
We never left one another.

Whether 3 years or 3 days,
I admit sans her cajole
This young girl is my friend,
My family, and Soul.

We may never be neighbors
Or even in neighboring states
But I know one thing’s for sure
That this friendship’s too great—
For whenever she needs me,
I’ll be there for her
Go ahead and ask her vice versa
I’m sure she’ll concur.

4 comments:

Take 5 Photography said...

aaahhh! tear!!

Thank you!! love you girl. and of course i concur ;-)

Colleen_Katana said...

You are welcome. Does this mean I don't have to get you a xmas present? Or a wedding present? Or an engagement present? Or a bridal shower gift? Or a bachelorette party gift?
Is it possible that I can keep reading this over and over again at every single momentous event in your life and have that constitute as every gift from me?
NO? Why you ungrateful little slut....
MERRY XMAS, I LOVE YOU!

Merry Monteleone said...

Your 21st birthday? Seriously? What did you do for fun in high school? I'm guessing you missed the boonesfarm strawberry hill stage then, huh?

This was really great... reminds me of my friend, Kaki - she and her family live in Florida now so we only get to see each other once in a blue moon... but we talk on the phone for hours.

Colleen_Katana said...

I know! I was seriously such a good freakin kid. I didn't even know what "being drunk" felt like until my 21st. I remember being tipsy a few times before my 21st and thinking "Whoa, I am SMASHED!" Ohhh, little did I know...Oh, and I had my Boonesfarm stage...it just came a little later for me.

Yours is coming soon Merry!