Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Blogger Award


I won an award! Thanks to Jersey Girl who recently awarded me the honor! For those who haven't checked out her site, she is a hip mom with quirky, cute (albeit a little edgy) stories. Thank you for spreading the love my way, Jersey!

Now it's my turn....this is a difficult decision to make, for I read several really great blogs. Ello, WordVixen, Deepish Thoughts...but one stands out to me. Merry of Mom and More I think that everyone here has read her stuff before, but in the case that someone is stopping in for the first time, let me assure you, she is great! She's got such a great voice in whatever genre she writes in. I've only read snippets of her YA stuff, but I was in awe of her skills and dedication. Her blogs tend to focus on her process and different instances in her every day life, but it's done so cleverly and almost always leaves me smiling and laughing! She is an inspiring blog to read because she discusses her progress and (not to speak for everyone) but she always motivates me to write and revise more. She is inspiring and great at critiquing...finding that fine line between constructive criticism and too complimentary. Not to mention, I admire any woman who is a full time mom and still finds the time to do what she is most passionate about! I only hope that someday, when I am a mommy or even just a wifey, I have mastered the juggling of my time half as well as Merry!

5 comments:

tripleZmom said...

So glad you liked it! Thanks for the props and great choices on passing on the award!

Merry Monteleone said...

Awe..... thank you!!!! Now to go check out the boyfriend's blog...

I'll post this one soon, I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus.

How is your writing coming along? Have you decided whether to work on the memoir as fiction or are you working on the other project?

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

That's a very cute award! congrats to you!

Colleen_Katana said...

Jersey - No prob! The words were more than deserved!

Merry - Don't worry about passing along! I know you've been busy. And you should definitely check out the boyfriend!'s blog when you get a chance...it's a hoot!
I'm definitely going to turn it into fiction...one way or another but I also think I need a short break from it too. So, maybe I'll start an outline for the next project in the meantime. How's yours coming along?

Ello - Thank you for the congrats! It's definitely cute.

Sarah said...

Hey, thanks for the Deepish Thoughts link and shout out! Very cool. Great blog.