Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Help Me

My boyfriend and I are supposed to make each other's Christmas gift this year.

Every idea I had, he (unintentionally) shot down. Such as a travel coffee mug with our photos in it. Or coasters featuring the covers of his comic books (comic books that he has drawn...not just books he collects). Does ANYONE have any good ideas? He's an artist so I have a feeling his gift to me is going to be freaking awesome, and I'll end up giving him a picture frame made out of popsicle sticks. I've already knitted him a billion and one things, so that won't work.

Ugh....please, please, help me!!!!!!! Thanks to all!

3 comments:

Merry Monteleone said...

Umn... being that you're a writer, what if you wrote him something... possibly placed in a nice frame... oh, or better... what if you photoshopped a nice montage of pictures in a running theme (you and him for relationships... family pics and pictures of his artwork for an ode type thing) with your poem / ode / tribute running in script laid over the center...... better still if you do calligraphy, you can write the ode and do it in calligraphy with photos and his artwork done as a border...

Then you can matt and frame it for him.

I'd say to bake or cook him something... but I seem to remember you saying he was a food nazi...... you can serve him celery ;-)

David Oppegaard said...

hello. thanks for the link on this here blog. as for gift suggestions, have you considered choreographing some sort of modern dance number for him?

Colleen_Katana said...

Merry:
I wrote him a poem for his bday last year, so I could perhaps write it in calligraphy and matte and frame it...that could work. But yes--he is a health FREAK. One idea I had was to compile recipes that are healthy that I know he likes and make our own 'Sean & Colleen Cookbook'. FYI - Do you know that the act of chewing celery burns more calories than you're actually eating? True fact.

Blogagaard - Hello and welcome! Sure thing about the link; I visit yours frequently! The choreographed dance is AMAZING. Especially since he makes fun of me for always dancing and singing around the house. Especially if I were to camp it up a lot. Thanks!

Both awesome suggestions!