Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I <3 Knitting


This past year or so I have discovered just how much I love to knit. Actually, I'm not so sure it's the act of knitting I enjoy, but the feeling when I have finished a project. The sense of completion and pride I feel when wearing something I did all by myself.
I've learned a few techniques and I have since advanced from just making scarves. (although they are my favorite thing to create because they're so easy!) Here is a picture of my colleague, Holly, wearing a scarf I helped her finish.

5 comments:

WordVixen said...

Wheeee! I love knitting too, though all I can make yet are scarves. I'm going to have to progress soon since a person really only needs so many.

(oooh, I just said "yet"- how Pennsylvania Dutchy!)

Colleen_Katana said...

I'm a freaking knitting nut!!!!! I've definitely done a lot of scarves, but hats are pretty easy too! I've got a SUPER easy hat beginner pattern that I'd be happy to send your way!

WordVixen said...

I'd love that! I'll send you an email. :)

WordVixen said...

Doh! Can't find the email link. Here's mine: wordvixen at gmail dot com :)

Colleen_Katana said...

Great! I'll type it up and send it your way in a bit!