Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Masochist

Do you ever get a tiny cut on the inside of your lip that you just can't help but nibble and suck on when you're bored sitting at your computer desk? Then, you accidentally nibble a little too hard causing the tiny cut to split even wider. Now, it's bleeding and swollen which only makes you want to chew on it more! So eventually, you end up with an enormous welt the size of your entire lip spanning across your gumline. It looks like you got into a fight. Only instead of punching with your fists, you used your mouth.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

Well, today I am FORCING myself not to chew on this raw cut on my bottom lip. It hurts like a mother and every ounce of my being wants to knaw it off (as if that would really work) but I am refraining. I will FORCE it to heal!

2 comments:

moonrat said...

gah!!! like EVERY DAY!!!!

Colleen_Katana said...

Thank God in Heaven I'm not alone in this, Moonrat!! Seriously, my bottom lip keeps taunting my teeth, daring them to bite it! It's torture. And every now and then, while chewing gum to KEEP myself from chewing my lip, I'll accidentally bite down. It's an odd combo of relief and agonizing pain!