Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mom


My mother has heard through the grapevine that her dear, darling daughter has a weblog. And has requested the URL. Actually, what she asked for was the "thingy." It took me a few seconds to figure out what "thingy" she was requesting.

"You want my social security number mom?"
"No, the thingy so I can get to your stuff."
"A map of the tri-state area?"
"No, the computer's thingy!"
"I don't think that the computer has a penis, mom."
"You're so crude! I mean the thingy you type in to get to your webpage."
"Ohhhh, THAT thingy!"

In fact, my mother is so computer illiterate, that she couldn't figure out that the "send" button is what sends the emails through cyberspace (I love you mom).

So anyway, it is because of my mommy's dedication to her daughter and interest in all that I write that I will be going through and censoring my previous blogs. Not that there's anything that she really can't or shouldn't see...but just out of respect for her and to maintain some privacy in my life. Because, apparently living 562.04 miles from home does not offer enough of said privacy.

And mom...I'm sorry for the bad language you will inevitably be reading. You raised your daughter better and while I do have an extensive vocabulary, sometimes there is just no substitute for "Fuck."

3 comments:

Take 5 Photography said...

hahahahaha. love the last paragraph.

Kristy said...

Love it! I just went through a similar conversation with my mom. I have to say I'm glad I could share it with her though, she is so in awe of all of the information we have at our finger tips...

Colleen_Katana said...

Thanks Missy. You and Lynne are still to blame for corrupting me. I never used that word before you came along! ;0)

Hi Kristy! Thanks for stopping by! My parents tend to get baffled and frustrated by technology. And my dad feels that email is in no way a proper form of communication.