Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Officially Part of the Family

I was lucky enough to spend the entire weekend (or most of it) with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and beautiful baby niece, Adelynn. The boyfriend! joined us for most of the weekend as well…we were one large and very loud family!

At one point, we were all hanging out in the hotel room. I still had my high-heeled boots strapped on in order to spare everyone from the stench that is my feet.

My brother-in-law was reclining on the sofa and noticed this, confused. “C’mon,” he said, “They can’t be that bad!” Oh Adam. You have so much left to learn about this family.

So, I bent down, unzipped my boots, peeled away my sweaty socks and he dropped over dead. I, then, had to yell to my sister in the other room that I had killed her husband and her baby’s daddy and the NYPD were on their way to book me now for assault with a deadly swamp foot.

Adam eventually regained consciousness and for the rest of the weekend, I was forced to keep my feet sealed in saran wrap.

No comments: