Saturday, January 5, 2008

Evil Exercise

I hate working out. I hate working out on Saturdays. I hate working out when it's cold outside. I hate having to drive, then park blocks away, just to have to walk in the freezing cold to get to the gym. I hate the way my ass jiggles when I'm on the eliptical machine. I hate the way I get winded and thirsty then have to drink from a gross water fountain because I forgot my water bottle AGAIN. I hate how every other woman in the gym looks adorable in their workout clothes. I hate how other women size each other up, justifying spending $90/month because they look better than I do. I hate the way their muscles show through the spandex they wear and I hate Hate HATE how they walk around completely nude in the locker room. Put a towel over yourself already!
I hate how going only only once or twice a week is never enough. I hate that I don't feel or see any results. I hate that after 45 minutes on the treadmill, my belly pooch looks exactly the same, only maybe a little more shook up. Like Jell-O. I hate when I have to order a Caesar Salad as opposed to a cheeseburger and french fries. And I hate myself when I succumb and order that cheeseburger. I hate the way I bloat after eating something heavy. I hate that I feel guilty when I talk myself out of going to the gym.

Yes, it's a vicious cycle. ::sigh:: Guess where I'm off to now?

3 comments:

Merry Monteleone said...

'Guess where I'm off to now?'

- Baskin Robbins?

Colleen_Katana said...

Oh. My. God. I wish. I get yelled at any time I even ATTEMPT to buy cookies!

Take 5 Photography said...

I loved this post. Everything about it. I CONCUR.