Monday, January 7, 2008

Horoscopes

So, because I'm tired today and I thought this was cute, I decided to follow in Merry's footsteps from Mom and More and play the horoscope game.

The rules are simple. Below is a list of each of the twelve months. Copy paste your birth month into the beginning of the entry and then tell your readers which of the descriptions are accurate – the blogger can simply highlight the affirmative or give an overall explanation. I will more than likely give long explanations.

Me, I'm a July baby...so here we go:

JULY:

FUN TO BE WITH.
Pshhh, likes this EVEN needs to be answered. Of course I'm fun to be with. I can do 5 shots of tequila then chug half a bottle of wine before passing out. 'Nuff said.

SECRETIVE.
Surprisingly, yes. Not about major things, I guess...but in the way of, I love surprises. Sometimes, there's just no reason for certain people to know certain things. It's none of their business. And yet, I write about my most personal experiences online. Hmmm. Curious.

DIFFICULT TO FATHOM AND TO BE UNDERSTOOD.
I think this sentence is difficult to fathom and to be understood.

QUIET UNLESS EXCITED OR TENSED.
Hm, I wouldn't describe me as quiet necessarily. I tend to be a little more shy or reserved if I'm in large groups or with people I don't know well. Other than that, I'm pretty outspoken. ESPECIALLY when excited. However, if I'm tense, I think I'm also quiet. There's a reason why I'm tense or stressed and so I'm probably focusing on whatever that is.

TAKES PRIDE IN ONESELF.
I am a very proud person. And I have a lot to be proud of regarding all aspects and all people in my life. I'm proud of my brother, my sister, my mom, my dad, the Boyfriend!...I'm even proud of my dog. And myself. I've come a long and worked my way up from an intern to a producer in just two years. However, I think I am level-headed and I try very hard not to allow my pride to dictate my actions. That's simply arrogance.

HAS REPUTATION.
Huh?!?! What have you heard???

EASILY CONSOLED.
Oh god, no. If something upsets me, I tend to stay upset for a while. I mean, people can hold me and make me laugh, but I am terrible at holding grudges and I am very vengeful!

HONEST.
Yes. I'm an awful liar. I always tug on my earlobe when I'm lying.

CONCERNED ABOUT PEOPLE'S FEELINGS.
Too much. I worry way too much about other people. To the point where I sometimes put other people's needs before my own.

TACTFUL.
Usually. There's the occasional angry slip-up.

FRIENDLY.
Yes. Unless you look creepy/scary. Then I stare at the sidewalk and clutch my purse closer to my ribs as I pass you.

APPROACHABLE.
The Boyfriend! and I had a conversation about this last night actually. We were talking about how I hardly ever get hit on at bars. I seriously have NO IDEA why I'm considered unapproachable sometimes. I'm usually very animated and talkative at bars. I strike up conversations with everyone, girls and guys, but for some reason I am always the girl who goes home sans any phone numbers. Not that it matters NOW, but it's annoying since Sean gets hit on even with me standing there holding his hand!

EMOTIONAL TEMPERMENTAL AND UNPREDICTABLE.
Er--no, um, of course not. Ok, fine, FINE! I'm emotional. I admit it. And yes to tempermental. Unpredictable....mmm, I think I'm pretty predictable actually, so I'll say no to that one.

MOODY AND EASILY HURT.
Moody, depends on the time of month. Easily hurt, yes. But I try not to show it too often. Then all my anger and tears come out because of something stupid.

WITTY AND SPARKLY.
Hm, this is hard to answer without tooting any of my own horns. I'll try to manuever around them carefully. I think I can be witty. Especially with writing. Sometimes in conversation not so much though. I'm much more clever when I can thoroughly think something through and use spell check and thesaurus before publishing. And Sparkly....ohhhh, I LIKE sparkly things so I would love to think of myself as being SPARKLY. Yes, I think I shine like sequins!

NOT REVENGEFUL.
False. I am so all about revenge. Turn the other cheek? Sure...I'll let you get all the slaps you want in. But the second you're finished, watch out.

FORGIVING BUT NEVER FORGETS.
Indeed. I forgive. I forgive pretty easily actually. If you apologize after wronging me and you seem sincere, I'll accept your apology. However, I will never put my guard down again with you. All trust is lost.

DISLIKES NONSENSICAL AND UNNECESSARY THINGS.
Er, not so sure about this one. Dislikes nonsensical things? Um, I dunno...I get a laugh about nonsensical things. And I tend to buy a LOT of items that are unnecessary.

GUIDES OTHERS PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY.
Physically? No. Sean guides ME physically. I would not be going to the gym AT ALL if it wasn't for him. Mentally, maybe. I tend to be a shoulder to cry on a lot, but it always seems to be mutual.

SENSITIVE AND FORMS IMPRESSIONS CAREFULLY.
I am very sensitive. And I try not to judge anyone too quickly.

CARING AND LOVING.
Extremely.

TREATS OTHERS EQUALLY.
Absolutely. Except for my servants.

STRONG SENSE OF SYMPATHY.
God yes. I feel sympathy and empathy for fictional characters too.

WARY AND SHARP.
I think so. I am usually very wary of people and situations if I sense something is off. If it seems suspicious, usually it's for a reason. And I like to think that my gut instinct is usually right on. And yes, my fingernails are very sharp. Watch out! I could stab you!

JUDGES PEOPLE THROUGH OBSERVATIONS.
Uh, I guess so. Doesn't everyone? I mean, you observe people's actions, reactions, decisions, and personalities and based on that you make a judgment or decision. It can be good or bad. But I think one way or another, you form an opinion about those around you. And those opinions change daily. For instance, I met a new intern today at my office. He's quiet and tends to look at people while somehow keeping his chin against his neck. Through this observation, I am assuming he is a little shy and nervous.

HARDWORKING.
Absolutely.

NO DIFFICULTIES IN STUDYING.
False. I have a short attention span so studying has always been a struggle for me.


ALWAYS BROODS ABOUT THE PAST AND THE OLD FRIENDS.
Um, I wouldn't say I BROOD about old friends and the past. But I definitely love to reminisce about the good ole days.

LIKES TO BE QUIET.
To BE quiet? Eh, not really. I like things around me to be quiet though. I've never been into loud, noise clubs or anything. I much prefer a lounge where I can sit and talk with friends.

HOMELY PERSON.
Homely?? WHO YOU CALLING HOMELY??

WAITS FOR FRIENDS.
Um, sure. I'll wait for my friends. Especially if they're running late and call me. I may play a prank though and drive off, leaving them in the parking lot confused. No wait, that's my boyfriend who does that.

NEVER LOOKS FOR FRIENDS.
Only if I am expecting one to show up. Then I keep an eye out. Otherwise, no. But no, I do not SEEK OUT new friends. I am always open to meeting new people though.

NOT AGGRESSIVE UNLESS PROVOKED.
True. I will definitely stand up for myself and for my friends if the situation calls for it, but overall I am a huge coward. Confrontation scares the bejeezus out of me.

PRONE TO HAVING STOMACH AND DIETING PROBLEMS.
No. I don't think so. Although I can be a little gassy after certain meals. Does that count?

LOVES TO BE LOVED.
No. I hate being loved. Everytime my boyfriend utters the words "I love you" in that whiny lovesick voice of his, I slap him across the face and scream at him. "You KNOW how much I hate that! Why do you insist on loving me?!?! WHY???"

EASILY HURT BUT TAKES LONG TO RECOVER.
This is true. I am emotional. And I take EVERYTHING to heart. And I remember almost every negative thing said about me ever. Somehow, though, I never manage to remember the compliments and the sweet things. Hm. Perhaps I should switch my focus.

Ok....your turn. Here are the rest...

JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people’s flaws and weaknesses. Likes to criticize. Hardworking and productive. Smart, neat and organized. Sensitive and has deep thoughts. Knows how to make others happy. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Rather reserved. Highly attentive. Resistant to illnesses but prone to colds. Romantic but has difficulties expressing love. Loves children. Loyal. Has great social abilities yet easily jealous. Very stubborn and money cautious.


FEBRUARY: Abstract thoughts. Loves reality and abstract. Intelligent and clever. Changing personality. Attractive. Sexy. Temperamental. Quiet, shy and humble. Honest and loyal. Determined to reach goals. Loves freedom. Rebellious when restricted. Loves aggressiveness. Too sensitive and easily hurt. Gets angry really easily but does not show it. Dislikes unnecessary things. Loves making friends but rarely shows it. Daring and stubborn. Ambitious. Realizes dreams and hopes. Sharp. Loves entertainment and leisure. Romantic on the inside not outside. Superstitious and ludicrous. Spendthrift. Tries to learn to show emotions.


MARCH: Attractive personality. Sexy. Affectionate. Shy and reserved. Secretive. Naturally honest, generous and sympathetic. Loves peace and serenity. Sensitive to others. Loves to serve others. Easily angered. Trustworthy. Appreciative and returns kindness. Observant and assesses others. Revengeful. Loves to dream and fantasize. Loves traveling. Loves attention. Hasty decisions in choosing partners. Loves home decors. Musically talented. Loves special things. Moody.


APRIL: Active and dynamic. Decisive and hasty but tends to regret. Attractive and affectionate to oneself. Strong mentality. Loves attention. Diplomatic. Consoling, friendly and solves people’s problems. Brave and fearless. Adventurous. Loving and caring. Suave and generous. Emotional. Aggressive. Hasty. Good memory. Moving. Motivates oneself and others. Sickness usually of the head and chest. Sexy in a way that only their lover can see.


MAY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Strong-willed and highly motivated. Sharp thoughts. Easily angered. Attracts others and loves attention. Deep feelings. Beautiful physically and mentally. Firm Standpoint. Needs no motivation. Easily consoled. Systematic (left brain). Loves to dream. Strong clairvoyance. Understanding. Sickness usually in the ear and neck. Good imagination. Good physical. Weak breathing. Loves literature and the arts. Loves traveling. Dislike being at home. Restless. Not having many children. Hardworking. High spirited. Spendthrift.


JUNE: Thinks far with vision. Easily influenced by kindness. Polite and soft-spoken. Having ideas. Sensitive. Active mind. Hesitating, tends to delay. Choosy and always wants the best. Temperamental. Funny and humorous. Loves to joke. Good debating skills. Talkative. Daydreamer. Friendly. Knows how to make friends. Able to show character. Easily hurt. Prone to getting colds. Loves to dress up. Easily bored. Fussy. Seldom shows emotions. Takes time to recover when hurt. Brand conscious. Executive. Stubborn.


JULY: Fun to be with. Secretive. Difficult to fathom and to be understood. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Takes pride in oneself. Has reputation. Easily consoled. Honest. Concerned about people’s feelings. Tactful. Friendly. Approachable. Emotional temperamental and unpredictable. Moody and easily hurt. Witty and sparkly. Not revengeful. Forgiving but never forgets. Dislikes nonsensical and unnecessary things. Guides others physically and mentally. Sensitive and forms impressions carefully. Caring and loving. Treats others equally. Strong sense of sympathy. Wary and sharp. Judges people through observations. Hardworking. No difficulties in studying. Loves to be alone. Always broods about the past and the old friends. Likes to be quiet. Homely person. Waits for friends. Never looks for friends. Not aggressive unless provoked. Prone to having stomach and dieting problems. Loves to be loved. Easily hurt but takes long to recover.


AUGUST: Loves to joke. Attractive. Suave and caring. Brave and fearless. Firm and has leadership qualities. Knows how to console others. Too generous and egoistic. Takes high pride in oneself. Thirsty for praises. Extraordinary spirit. Easily angered. Angry when provoked. Easily jealous. Observant. Careful and cautious. Thinks quickly. Independent thoughts. Loves to lead and to be led. Loves to dream. Talented in the arts, music and defense. Sensitive but not petty. Poor resistance against illnesses. Learns to relax. Hasty and trusty. Romantic. Loving and caring. Loves to make friends.


SEPTEMBER: Suave and compromising. Careful, cautious and organized. Likes to point out people’s mistakes. Likes to criticize. Stubborn. Quiet but able to talk well. Calm and cool. Kind and sympathetic. Concerned and detailed. Loyal but not always honest. Does work well. Very confident. Sensitive. Good memory. Clever and knowledgeable. Loves to look for information. Must control oneself when criticizing. Able to motivate oneself. Understanding. Fun to be around. Secretive. Loves leisure and traveling. Hardly shows emotions. Tends to bottle up feelings. Very choosy, especially in relationships. Systematic.


OCTOBER: Loves to chat. Loves those who loves them. Loves to take things at the center. Inner and physical beauty. Lies but doesn’t pretend. Gets angry often. Treats friends importantly. Always making friends. Easily hurt but recovers easily. Daydreamer. Opinionated. Does not care of what others think. Emotional. Decisive. Strong clairvoyance. Loves to travel, the arts and literature. Touchy and easily jealous. Concerned. Loves outdoors. Just and fair. Spendthrift. Easily influenced. Easily loses confidence. Loves children.


NOVEMBER: Has a lot of ideas. Difficult to fathom. Thinks forward. Unique and brilliant. Extraordinary ideas. Sharp thinking. Fine and strong clairvoyance. Can become good doctors. Dynamic in personality. Secretive. Inquisitive. Knows how to dig secrets. Always thinking. Less talkative but amiable. Brave and generous. Patient. Stubborn and hard-hearted. If there is a will, there is a way. Determined. Never give up. Hardly becomes angry unless provoked. Loves to be alone. Thinks differently from others. Sharp-minded. Motivates oneself. Does not appreciate praises. High-spirited. Well-built and tough. Deep love and emotions. Romantic. Uncertain in relationships. Homely. Hardworking. High abilities. Trustworthy. Honest and keeps secrets. Not able to control emotions. Unpredictable.


DECEMBER: Loyal and generous. Sexy. Patriotic. Active in games and interactions. Impatient and hasty. Ambitious. Influential in organizations. Fun to be with. Loves to socialize. Loves praises. Loves attention. Loves to be loved. Honest and trustworthy. Not pretending. Short tempered. Changing personality. Not egotistic. Take high pride in oneself. Hates restrictions. Loves to joke. Good sense of humor. Logical.

5 comments:

Take 5 Photography said...

hahaha "except for my servants." nice.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

you get a little gassy. Hee hee.

We are all about gas in our house! Apparently there is far too much of it around here.

OK - I'm going to try to friend you. I don't know if I have it right as I've never done it before.

tripleZmom said...

Very funny - especially since I was also born in July! So, for that reason, I'm not going to steal the topic for one of my posts.

Colleen_Katana said...

Steal away if you so desire, Jersey! Seriously, it's a lot of fun! =0)

Merry Monteleone said...

Nice job, Colleen!


And I think you're very sparkley!!!