Friday, January 25, 2008

My Honkin' Big Nose




Is it true that your nose never stops growing? If this is true, it really, really disturbs me. My nose is already my biggest feature (though I wish I could say my breasts were) and I've noticed that it looks a lot bigger in pictures now even compared to just a couple years ago. So, in ten years, it'll take up my entire face!! Like a giant...uh...face eating monster. Yeah. I mean, just look at the picture below in my previous post...look at how bulbous it is! It was NOT that big two years ago.

Here, I'll do a compare/contrast. I tried to pic photos with similar angles...

Photo #1: Age - 17, Senior Prom. My nose has always been on the bigger side, but it is still a bit dainty here. It is in proportion to the rest of my face...
Photo #2: Age - 22, My friend Michelle's wedding. It's definitely longer with a bigger bulb on the end, but still relatively normal. It doesn't look TOO out of place...yet.
Photo #3: Age - 24, Christmas 2007 Ok, it is DEFINITELY bigger here. Not too out of proportion but it's getting there. And if this statement regarding the always growing nose is true, than can you imagine what I'll look like when I'm 50?? I'm going to look like......like........

MY FATHER!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Take 5 Photography said...

how about you have the cutest face ever!!!!!! stop. it.

Colleen_Katana said...

;0) Thanks....but I wasn't fishing for compliments here. No, really, I WASN'T!!!

Merry Monteleone said...

First of all, take five is right, you are adorable... second, if you want your nose to look smaller on camera, try a front view or the other side (people really do have good and bad sides and often the picture doesn't look the same as you look in real life)...

Oh, yeah, third, count your blessings, I have a substantial Italian nose and big eyes... which means my circles have circles no matter how much sleep I get or how much concealer I use... it's just like that....

tripleZmom said...

First of all, I think you are cute and have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, that never used to work on me either. I've never liked my nose either, but since I gained all this weight with the two kiddos (and haven't lost much of it) I've discovered that since my cheeks are fatter, my nose looks smaller. Or maybe I can now ignore my nose because my cheeks are so fat. Whatever. If you really hate your nose, start hitting the Cheetos. :)

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Coleen - you are just posting these pics to make us ooh and ah over how cute you are right? Comeon, your nose is adorable!

Colleen_Katana said...

Ok, ok...this is NOT what I intended! Seriously, the compliments are making me feel bad for even posting now! I am very happy with how I look and though there are things about myself I would change (don't we all have those things?) by no means do I think I have been cursed! I just think it's funny that my nose DOES appear to be growing and noticeably so!

Merry - I started noticing my first crow's feet and wrinkles not too long ago. I was like NOOOOOO! and immediately ran to the store and bought eye cream!

Jersey - Mmm, cheetos. Yum. I made cupcakes the other day...perhaps I'll polish those off and then move on to the salty snacks.

Ello - Nooo! I swear this was no ploy to receive compliments! I don't even pull that stunt with the boyfriend!

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

WE know! We are just giving you a hard time. But you do look too cute in your pics and I love your new avatar!!

tripleZmom said...

BTW, I gave you an award!

Colleen_Katana said...

An award?!?! For what!!?? I'm so excited!